Sunday 2 June 2013

Outfit du Jour - Lunch and Dog Walk

Good afternoon all! What a gorgeously sunny day it's been! Perfect doggy walking weather, and that's exactly what I've been doing, mixed with a spot of lunch in foodie haven Ludlow. I have to admit, living in Herefordshire is great for foodies, the local produce is incredible and the copious farms and farm shops means that there's a never ending supply of fresh, local produce that pubs and restaurants regularly take full advantage of. 

Today, a friend and I decided to drive 15 minutes over the Herefordshire border into Shropshire, to the amazing little town of Ludlow, if you haven't heard of it you should look it up. It's super cute! Amazing old buildings, quaint cafes and boutiques and some of the best restaurants outside London (officially), including a couple of Michelin starred eateries. Today we opted for something a little lower key; a pub called The Marches on Market Square. We pulled up a couple of chairs in the beer garden and ordered a couple of spritzers to 'rehydrate' after our rather long walk in Mortimer Forest with Casper the dog. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful afternoon, which made the wine taste just that bit sweeter! I didn't quite realise how warm it was going to be, but luckily I chose my outfit well and kept my cool in the summer sun.



As I was going on a dog walk before lunch, I knew I needed something versatile, comfortable and nothing that a bit of slobber would ruin! I chose a pair of Levi's demi curve dark indigo skinnies, a French Connection turquoise silk vest top and a navy and white striped blazer from Gant in case any sneaky clouds decided to rear their ugly heads, which fortunately they didn't! I accessorised the outfit up with a bead and feather necklace by Antik Batik, Nine West grey open toe shoe boots and a Marc by Marc Jacobs grey croc effect patent leather bag.


Oh and of course, I had these in the boot for the actual walk! 


What do you think? How would you accessorise this outfit? 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment